Clear Internet - Good connection, Horrible speed, Cant change plan

76 of 197 Clear Internet reviews

First let me say i am paying for the 6 meg pipe.For the past month or two I was getting fluxuating signals anywhere from 11 to 16 CINR.

I was also getting DSL or below speeds, many times it was slower than dial up. Recently I moved the modem and now have a great connection of 20 - 21 CINR. However my speeds are still below half a meg. Since I cannot get over a meg, I decided to downgrade my plan to the 1 meg pipe for $20 less a month.

So I signed into my account on their website. After an hour of searching I have discovered that there is no way to do this. There is a link hidden three levels deep that is for "devices and plans". I thought I was getting somewhere, but when i clicked it, it only brought me to the sprint sign in page.

Since sprint bought clear, I thought maybe this is how it is managed. So I entered my user name and pw from clear, but it said no account found. The only option available is to actually cancel the service, which unfortunately is not an option.

I don't know if sprint is trying to get people to cancel so they can completely convert it over or just dropped the ball.In either case they should either state their intentions or fix the problem.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
76 of 197 Clear Internet reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 08, 2013 #739960 Washington, District Of Columbia, United States

For a month I have been having very slow service. Called clear and was told that the tower that I am using is overloaded temporarily because several towers are down for upgrades. I don't believe that that is the issue. If a company was upgrading service and the upgrading process was causing system disruptions, it has been my experience that they would notify customers, letting them know what they were doing and the estimated time of completion. That has not happened, which, leads me to believe that Clear is playing some dirty little games.

0 0 Reply

Dec 04, 2013 #752741 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I've been having the same problem. Just spoke with a customer service rep who gave me some Orwellian speak about the company adjusting download speeds to closer match their plan's allotted amount. He told me that my slower internet is actually a good thing. I told him I'd be switching providers. He seemed to think that was a good idea. I'm not sure who they hired to streamline operations, but he sure as heck has never spent a day outside his office. Never, ever upset your customer base like this.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Clear Internet. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Clear Internet.
Filing a new complaint about
×