Clear Internet - Clear Could Care Less

Cedar Park, Texas 2 comments

In April switched to Clear from AT&T. While being happy with AT&T thinking well Clear seems to be able to offer more for the same price, why not.

I will tell you don't make the same mistake we made. It has been 10 months and we are on our third Module. I have been trying to cancel since they can't fix the fact that the internet is slower then dial up! I have been on the phone over an hour and a half trying to cancel!

I have spoken to five different people. When this last module was sent out I was told that I could cancel without any fees if this last one did not work. Today I call and the lady tells me no that is not the case I have to trouble shoot. I then trouble shoot.

Trouble shooting did nothing to help, Surprise! The thrid lady I was then transferd to said no the fees will not be wavied. Then on hold some more disconnecter, finally a new person who claims I have to trouble shoot three times before I can have it waived. Oh but I have!

She claims that isn't the case. Back and fourth back and fourth! Still getting me no where and she will not allow me to call back and trouble shoot again tomorrow to prove my point because she has notated my account to not allow it. Are you kidding me the product DOESN"T WORK!!

Now they have hung up on me again!

Called back And I am still on hold! A totol of 2 hours and 18 minutes!

Never buy Clear, Clear does not work, Clear doesn't care, Clear is worthless!

Review about: Modem.

Comments

pharmon

I have been through 5 modems since I signed up, 3 being this month. I have been sent one 2 wks ago which again is refurbished and not working properly.

I called them and reported this immediately and I was told my warranty has been exhausted....wth???? I am under a 2 yr contract, I have asked numberous times for a headquarter address and phone number. Did you know not one complaint or address of a home base is on their own website?????

I am hoping to break the contract, and call FCC or Utility commission to help me keep them off of my credit rating. If anyone can help us achieve this, I would be greatful.

Hi, I know exactly what you mean. Everytime I have to call Clear I talk with at least 4 different people.

I have to schedule at least 1 hour out of my day whenever I have to call them. Each time I get transferred, it's like starting from square 1 and you have to go through 3 transfers before you talk with someone who has the authority to do anything for you. Additionally, I am always treated as if I am trying to get something for nothing when I report problems or dissatisfaction with service. To make matters worse, whenever I talk to a Clear rep in person, I am told things like, "Oh no, it is our policy to waive this fee under these circumstances." However, when I call in to complete the transaction, no one there seems to be aware of this 'policy.' The message being given by their local reps is not the reality.

Don't believe what they tell you! I have been with Clear for one year, and I am getting out. It will cost me $80.00 in fees to end the contract, but it is worth it.

What a horrible company! No one I know has had a good experience with them, and I will greatly discourage my friends from signing up with this company.

Clear Internet - Cancellation a nightmare

Honolulu, Hawaii 6 comments

I have had a two-year contract with Clear and called their service phone line to cancel the contract.

The two-year contract ends in January and I just wanted to give them advance notice not to continue afterwards (they do on month-to-month basis). I called three times and every time the operator told me to call a week, then a day later, then on the last day of my two-contract.

This is really really annoying - and I can't help it- just purposely done so that customer miss the exact (!) day and pay more months than they want!

After all, the internet service from Clear was not too bad (got the $20 deal), but regarding recent price increase and

rather slow connection speed there are better options.

After the last experiences with their 'cancellation trap' one thing is clear to me: No more internet service from Clear!

Review about: Mobile And Home Internet.

Comments

Clear. Charged me an $120 after I cancelled their service for not accepting my new credit card info.

I called 10 times to update my credit card info so I had to go toAAT for service. :upset

A lot of people are upset about the cancellation process. When I called them I just told them I was moving to South Korea for 5 years and I lived alone so I couldn't transfer it to anyone (which is true).

That pretty much shot down all of their excuses to hold onto me before they got to ask them.

I still had to jump through the security questions and be put on hold for about 5 minutes... but they were courteous and polite.

So if you have problems with canceling, just come up with something like that.

This companies approach is despicable. They obviously engineered their cancelation process to be inefficient as possible.

No web access. Closed on the weekends.

They have no problem allowing upgrades, but cancelations are handled like its 1982. I'm happily switching to Sprint.

Had an account for my dad. Internet connection was pretty good.

But cancelling the account takes work. You can't do it on line, you have to call customer service. Enter in your phone number in the automated system but none of the reps you talk to after that seem to get that information and make you repeat everything.

Had to go through everything with two reps. Took 20+ minutes.

pharmon

i had worst im not so vengeful about these things but clear really does it. i have my laptop wimax with clear they told me to go to best buy to cancel when i go to best buy the people there told me they dont do cancelation and will not talk to clear people so i have to call my card and have to report freud on my card

View more comments

Clear Internet - Clear Wireless usb service useless in some areas.

Cypress, Texas 1 comment

I was told that I could get Clear Internet service when I gave the Rep my address. So I signed up only to learn that I could not get their service and I could not get all of my money back.I called and talked with their Tec dept a hour and forty-five min.

Not once was I told that if I activated the modem I would lose my money.How can you get a service if the modem is not activated?. This is a way for Clear to make money and not provide a service.Don't get Clear Wireless

Comments

yes you can get all your money back!!!

keep calling talk to manager!!!!!

demand!!!

Clear Internet - Clear does not deliver on internet service

Atlanta, Georgia 1 comment

Subscribed to Clear mobile(USB) internet service which is supposed to work at home and in public buildings but cannot get a signal while in my home. Can only get a signal from the driveway.

Called to cancel within the trial period and was offered a refund plus home service set up with a wired modem which could also be plugged in anywhere, not just at home.

So far, no refund, a second payment deducted from my account and threats that a $168. termination fee will be deducted if I don't agree to forget about the two payments deducted.

Steer clear of Clear internet. They will not honor their trial period or refund when no signal can be obtained from their towers. Steer clear of Clear.

Review about: Mobile And Home Internet.

Comments

Fateen

I'm not understanding you here. You called to cancel and was offered a refund plus home service.

Now your threateded with a $168 termination fee. It used to be $120 early termination fee deducted $5 each month you are on contract. Now it's only a $40 restocking fee when you cancel.

The point that I want to make is that you called to cancel services and you didn't now you upset.

You should have cancelled instead of allowing the customer service representative talk you out of cancelling. Don't slam an entire company because you went back on what you initially intended to do.